Radio Free Asia resumes broadcasts to China after Trump cuts forced near closure
CEO said services have restarted after termination of grants led to criticism that US was ceding ground to China
Radio Free Asia has resumed broadcasts to people in China, its chief executive said on Tuesday, after Trump administration cuts last year largely forced the US-funded outlet to cease operations.
For years, RFA and its sister outlets, including Voice of America (VOA), had been financed with funding approved by the US Congress and overseen by the US Agency for Global Media (USAGM).
Continue reading...
© Photograph: Rod Lamkey/AP

© Photograph: Rod Lamkey/AP

© Photograph: Rod Lamkey/AP