Talks on Russia-Ukraine War Enter 2nd Day in Geneva

© Harold Cunningham/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

© Harold Cunningham/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

© Nadia Shira Cohen for The New York Times

© Tomás Munita for The New York Times

© Naohiro Kimura/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images

© GHI/UCG/Universal Images Group, via Getty Images

© Christian Murdock/The Gazette, via Associated Press

















CEO said services have restarted after termination of grants led to criticism that US was ceding ground to China
Radio Free Asia has resumed broadcasts to people in China, its chief executive said on Tuesday, after Trump administration cuts last year largely forced the US-funded outlet to cease operations.
For years, RFA and its sister outlets, including Voice of America (VOA), had been financed with funding approved by the US Congress and overseen by the US Agency for Global Media (USAGM).
Continue reading...
© Photograph: Rod Lamkey/AP

© Photograph: Rod Lamkey/AP

© Photograph: Rod Lamkey/AP
Football club donation equal to prize money Ukraine pays gold medallists
Heraskevych barred from racing while wearing ‘helmet of memory’
The owner of Ukrainian football club Shakhtar Donetsk has donated more than $200,000 to skeleton racer Vladyslav Heraskevych. The athlete was disqualified from the Milano Cortina Winter Games before competing over the use of a helmet depicting Ukrainian athletes killed in the war with Russia, the club said on Tuesday.
The 27-year-old Heraskevych was disqualified last week when the International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation jury ruled that imagery on the helmet — depicting athletes killed since Russia invaded Ukraine in 2022 — breached rules on athletes’ expression at the Games.
Continue reading...
© Photograph: Richard Heathcote/Getty Images

© Photograph: Richard Heathcote/Getty Images

© Photograph: Richard Heathcote/Getty Images



















One Nation leader’s statements about Muslims also labelled ‘bigoted and wrong’ by NSW minister for multiculturalism
Get our breaking news email, free app or daily news podcast
Australia’s race discrimination commissioner has called on Pauline Hanson to apologise for inflammatory comments about Australian Muslims, amid backlash to comments denounced by others as “reprehensible”.
Commissioner Giridharan Sivaraman said Hanson was targeting Muslims with her increasingly inflammatory comments, joining condemnation from across the political spectrum.
Continue reading...
© Photograph: Mick Tsikas/AAP

© Photograph: Mick Tsikas/AAP

© Photograph: Mick Tsikas/AAP





















