↩ Accueil

Vue normale

US military strike kills three in second alleged drug boat attack this week

21 février 2026 à 03:05

Move brings total number of people killed in US strikes on suspected boats since September to at least 148

The US military launched a strike on an alleged drug smuggling boat in the eastern Pacific on Friday, killing three men in its second strike this week.

“Intelligence confirmed the vessel was transiting along known narco-trafficking routes in the Eastern Pacific and was engaged in narco-trafficking operations,” US Southern Command, which oversees operations in Latin America and the Caribbean, said on Twitter/X.

Continue reading...

© Photograph: U.S. Southern Command via X

© Photograph: U.S. Southern Command via X

© Photograph: U.S. Southern Command via X

US citizen shot and killed by federal immigration agent last year, new records show

21 février 2026 à 02:11

Shooting death of Ruben Ray Martinez, 23, in Texas was not publicly disclosed by Department of Homeland Security

Newly released records show a US citizen was shot and killed in Texas by a federal immigration agent last year during a late-night traffic encounter that was not publicly disclosed by the Department of Homeland Security.

The death of Ruben Ray Martinez, 23, would mark the earliest of at least six deadly shootings by federal officers since the start of a nationwide immigration crackdown in Donald Trump’s second term. On Friday, DHS said the shooting on South Padre Island last March occurred after the driver intentionally struck an agent.

Continue reading...

© Photograph: AP

© Photograph: AP

© Photograph: AP

❌